“If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods.”
Ollie Schneider - CEO Deercreative
- Wash the dal in 3-4 changes of water and soak in room temperature water for 10 mins while you finish the rest of preparation.
- Drain and pressure cook with salt, turmeric and water for 2 whistles.
- Remove the cooker from heat and open only after all the steam has escaped on its own.
- While the dal is cooking, heat ghee in a pan. Add hing and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start to crackle, add ginger, and green chillies. Sauté for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and a little salt. Mix well. Cook for about 5 mins with occasional stirring.